PO: Post Office
The full form of PO is post office which is the postal system of the Indian government. The Indian postal system has its post offices in such remote areas where no mailing service is available.
Post Office provide works on the PIN code system, every post office in any location of the country holds a postal code which determines the region.
The whole country is divided into pin codes by Indian postal system.
- Mails: Premium, Domestic, International
- Banking and Remittance: Post Office saving schemes, money order, international money transfer services, Jansuraksha scheme, mutual funds, national pension scheme, Indian post payments bank
- Online Banking: Internet banking
- Insurance: Postal Life Insurance, Rural post life insurance, pay your PLI premium
- Business: Book now pay later, cash on delivery, speed post discount structure, bill mail, direct post, retail post, media post, business post, logistics post, e-Payment, e-Post
The first post office in India was established by the East India Company in 1774 in Calcutta (now known as Kolkata).
The post office charged two annas per 100 miles. The use of the Scinde Dawk adhesive stamps to signify the prepayment of postage began on 1 July 1852 in the Scinde/Sindh district.
Other full forms
- ATM Full Form, Use and Advantages
- ADB Full Form, Key Areas and History
- RTO full form as per govt. of India
As of 31 March 2015, the Indian Postal Service had 154,939 post offices.
Hope that you understand PO full form and its services. Please ask your questions in below comment section.
If you love travelling you can visit our travel blog here