Hello Friends! welcome again. In this article, I will tell you MP3 full form, MP3 applications, some MP3 players and conversion from other file formats to mp3 and vice-versa.
Full Form of MP3
Full form of MP3 is MPEG Audio Layer 3, where MPEG means Moving Picture Expert Group. MP3 is a coded format for the audio files. This audio file format allowed a large reduction in file sizes as compared to other uncompressed audio files. The small size of the MP3 file format makes it a boom in the distribution of music on the internet in the 1990s.
Features of MP3
- MP3 is portable.
- It is compatible with a large number of platforms like digital devices, computer, smartphones etc.
- Low file size without compression.
- A large number of supported players available like VLC, Winamp, Jukebox, iTunes, Window Media player.
- A lot of online streaming music apps use MP3 file format like JioSaavan, Airtel Music app Gaana etc.
- The MP3 format supports almost all players of any smartphone operating system like android, iOS, blackberry and windows.
- It is the only audio format which is available online in maximum websites and audio stores.
- Almost all the audio recording companies use MP3 format to store music in data storage devices to distribute, like CDs, DVDs.
History Of MP3
Tomislav Uzelac, an employee of Advanced Multimedia Products Company, made the first successful MP3 player in 1997.
A German company Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft was working on a research program in its research institute to decode the music at a low bit rate and high quality. Harlheinz Bradenburg, a student of the same institute was asked to join the project who completed the project and applied the format for German patent in 1989. This way the MP3 audio format was invented and came into the use of audio recording world.
Hope you enjoyed reading interesting facts and history of the world famous MP3 file format of the audio world. You can suggest similar topics in the comment section below and I would love to write on them. Keep smiling 🙂